Getting to know Re
Re is the joint venture between the London Borough of Barnet and Capita to deliver a full range of property, development and regulatory services. It was set up in 2013 and employs over 260 people from the public and private sector.
Our innovative commercial model brings together the best of public and private sector delivery against a challenging financial backdrop. Together, we are providing new ways to deliver services for our customers to help meet the needs of local communities.
We have grown our business to provide a range of property, development and regulatory services to local authorities and commercial organisations, enabling us to deliver our vision.
- To provide high-quality services at every point in the customer journey
- To ensure those services meet the strategic need of our community and stakeholders
- To grow our business by investing in additional opportunities which are self-funding and sustainable, both inside Barnet and for our customers across the country.
What we’ve achieved for Barnet
We are the property, development and regulatory services provider for London Borough of Barnet. Since the start of the partnership in 2013, we have already guaranteed cost savings worth £39 million over the next 10 years. Crucially this is being achieved by transforming and growing the Council’s development and regulatory services - not by cutting them. We’re also investing £8.2 million in new technology to deliver the Council’s services and we are improving facilities and training staff. Our highlights include:
- Delivering the planning application for Brent Cross, Cricklewood, which has secured £97m worth of funding and will be the biggest regeneration project in Europe
- Reducing the number of vacant properties across the borough by 2%. In the next two years this is expected to reduce by 5%, supporting the Council’s housing strategy to bring homes back into use, contribute council tax and generate revenue
- Delivering a profitable joint venture, generating £39m worth of net commercial benefit for Barnet Council.