Re delivers a consistently excellent standard of services for Barnet Council.
Re ensures Barnet residents have access to modern, responsive and efficient council services
Re for residents
Re is the property development and regulatory services provider for London Borough of Barnet. If you are a resident living in Barnet, we can help you with a range of local services such as project management support for your home improvements, accessing grants for necessary building or adaptation works, navigation of the planning process, renovating empty properties, carrying out land charge searches, providing highway services (drop kerbs or skip permits), cemetery and crematorium services or dealing with a pest control matter.
- Home Improvement Agency
- Decent Homes grants
- Disabled facilities grants
- Empty property redevelopment
- Cemetery and Crematorium
- Pest Control
- Local Land Charges Searches
- Highways (dropped curbs, skip permits etc)
- Development Consultancy
Cemetery and Crematorium
Re is responsible for running Hendon Cemetery & Crematorium on behalf of Barnet Council. We provide cremation and burial services, grave selection and associated memorialisation, plus the maintenance and attractive presentation of 42 acres of cemetery gardens.
We offer a cost effective pest monitoring and treatment service for all residential premises of any size and any type across the borough. From bedbugs and fleas to rats and wasps, we know it’s not enough to eradicate the problem, we want to avoid it coming back.
Discounts apply for Barnet residents (homeowners) who receive Means Tested Benefits. (If you live in rented accommodation, ask your landlord to contact us)
For a free quote contact us on:
Tel: 020 8359 7799
Local land charge searches
A local land charge is a restriction on a piece of land or property that can limit its use or bind the owner to a payment of a sum of money.
If you are thinking of buying a property in Barnet our team of experienced land charge experts are dedicated to providing a fast, efficient and professional local land charges service so you can make an informed choice before you buy.
Development Consultancy/ Fast track planning
If you are thinking of having some work done on your property. Our approachable consultants and designers can help guide you through the planning application process. We offer end-to-end planning management and support to make the process as stress free and efficient as possible. We can offer you the opportunity to fast-track your application through the process as well to help accelerate the start of your project or development.
To know more about our Development Consultancy and planning services please visit the Developers section.
The management, maintenance and improvement of Barnet’s complex and vital network is the responsibility of the Highways department of Re.
Re for landlords
Re offers a free basic landlord advice service as well as in depth affordable advice if your needs are more complex.
Our Landlord Advice Service provides support to landlords and helps them to meet all of the relevant legal requirements.
We can provide you with:
- HMO set up service for landlords considering the use of a property as a house in multiple occupation
- Housing inspection service for landlords who want to be confident their property meets all the necessary rental and planning requirements
- Assistance with Fire Risk Assessments and Health & Safety management
- Support and assistance with HMO licensing applications including completion of forms and the drawing of plans
- Pest monitoring, control and call out contracts with a reduced fee for landlords of licensed HMOs
- Arrangement of works to renovate empty properties for the rental market (grants may be available under certain circumstances)
For more information contact us on:
Tel: 0208 359 7995