Planning & Building Control
If you are working in the commercial sector you need fast and effective results. We offer a wide range of planning and development services that will give you the response you need.
These include initial feasibility studies, opinions and site appraisals, development management and policy reviews. We also do public engagement work and can act as expert witnesses at examinations, hearings and public inquiries. We work in most sectors, including infrastructure, education, health, commercial uses, mixed use development, housing and sport, and recreation.
What you’re likely to notice when you work with us is the way we provide perceptive advice and negotiate viable consents on planning projects including:
- New communities and urban extensions
- Complex regeneration of brownfield land
- Regional frameworks and strategies
- Consents for transport, utilities and community infrastructure
- Design and development briefs
- Policy and guidance including specialist appraisal and environmental assessments.
In the public sector we provide planning and development services for local Planning Authorities across the UK to help improve their service and performance. We help them to cope with peak demand periods and support them on complex proposals that deliver regeneration and manage transformational change.
We are working with over 60 local Planning Authorities throughout England and Wales, and we have strategic partnerships with councils in Salford (Urban Vision), North Tyneside and Breckland, as well as Barnet, providing the full range of planning policy and development management services.
Our knowledge and understanding of how things operate in local authorities allows us to help you navigate through the process. Our planning team in Barnet is now one of the top four London planning teams for speed of response and making decisions. We don’t hang around.
Our development management services include:
- Pre-application advice on emerging proposals including full appraisal and advice on the extent of supporting documentation required
- Screening and evaluating opinions on Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and their coordination
- Processing at every stage all types of planning applications including Section 106 and community infrastructure negotiations
- Planning enforcement and post-decision work such as planning conditions, compliance and discharge
- Appeals including hearings and public inquiries and direct instructions to Counsel
- Advice on design, landscaping, ecology, forestry, archaeology and heritage assets, and other consultation matters like highways and environmental health
- Assessing site specific challenges and advising clients on viable, practical strategies for securing planning permission
- Taking a lead consultant role in multi-disciplinary project teams and coordinating input from technical specialists.
Our planning policy services include:
- Preparing, implementing, monitoring and reviewing emerging development plans and other land use policies
- Developing a objective evidence base and writing planning policy
- Submitting representations and presentation of evidence to examinations in public
- Strategic promotion of land for all uses, including residential, mixed uses and commercial
- Carrying out Sustainability Appraisal and Strategic Environmental Assessments of emergent policies and proposed development sites at each stage in preparing local plans.
For advice about the Building Regulations service or to make a Building Regulations application, you can contact us via:
Tel: 020 8359 4500
Email: Building Control
Website: Barnet Building Control