Helping to deliver estate based regeneration in Barnet
Re provides a crucial link between local authorities and developers, helping to deliver better outcomes for both parties.
Our regeneration team is supporting Barnet Council's regeneration progrogramme to help make the borough a place where people want to live, work and invest. We are supporting the development of new homes, improving the retail and leisure proposition, all of which in turn will create employment, increase footfall and encourage further investment.
Our role in large scale regeneration
To support the West Hendon Hendon regeneration scheme, Re are managing the project on behald of the London Borough of Barnet. Re are supporting the council by;
- Facilitating delivery of the councils obligations set out in the Principal Development Agreement and monitoring those of the development partner
- Managing the relationship between the community and development partners
- Co-ordinating site assembly, in particular overseeing residential and commercial land and rights acquisition
- Securing and where necessary implementing Compulsory Purchase Orders
- Identifying opportunities to introduce new project elements that 'add value' or permit acceleration of the programme
- Working with partners across the council to make sure the regeneration of the estate is supported by the efforts of other council departments, in particular ensuring S106 expenditure is aligned to the scheme priorities
- Ensuring economic regeneration opportunities offered by the scheme are fully realised
The West Hendon estate programme is a key elemnt of the London Borough of Barnet's regeneration programme and their drive for high-quality new homes.
As a public/private joint venture business, we bring the best of private sector approach with the public sector market expertise. This means we have a complete understanding of the complex development processes, local authority planning procedures and compliance requirements.